1. People are the ultimate competitive differentiation
Creating a culture that draws in talent is the only way to stay ahead for the long term.
2. There is no such thing as a perfect candidate
You’ll be waiting forever. Instead, identify the must-have competencies & never settle.
3. Recruiting is sales & marketing, not human resources
It’s all about the funnel. First, plug the leaks. Then, fill the funnel.
4.You must give top-performers a reason to listen
Rockstars have never had more options. You need to create a compelling employer value proposition.
5. Recruiting must be based on things that are predictive of success
DNA is far more predictive than experience, education, or personality.
6. A top-performer at one company is not always a top-performer at another
There are no shortcuts, even if they worked at your competitor.
7. Using your “gut” in recruiting is right 50% of the time
But which 50%? Trust the process, and increase your accuracy to 90% or more.
8. To build a successful business, winning the war for talent must be your #1 priority
You must invest at least 30% of your time on recruiting & retention.