I had the amazing opportunity to interview Tom Blaisdell. Tom is one of Silicon Valley’s top Venture Capitalists focused on consumer/small business-facing startups.
It’s hard to believe that I first met Tom 2 decades ago, when he ran the QuickBooks business at Intuit in Palo Alto (now a $B+ business).
He switched to VC about 15 years ago, and is General Partner with DCM Ventures (with $2B under management)
In this 20-minute interview, Tom reveals:
- What VC’s really look for in an entrepreneur
- How to know when you’ve made a hiring mistake, and what to do
- Sole Founder or Co-Founders?
- How do VC’s & Founders really think about “exit” (sale, IPO, etc)
- The “must-read” list he gives to each of his portfolio companies